Sunday, October 9, 2011

Orangemen Indoor


At long last it is time to bring Indoor soccer back to the Orangemen as we head towards the winter season.  In years gone by the Orangemen were able to field 2 full teams for three winter seasons.  Not being so ambitious this year...and for our first foray back into this neat and exciting sport we will simply try to field a single team.  Here is the  info.

The next season will begin mid November.  We will play at the Fairfax SportsPlex in the men's over 30 division.  Games will be in the evenings on Monday or Tuesday nights and each season will run for 8 weeks plus a playoff game or two.  The cost for each season approaches $800 dollars so at a minimum we need at least 8 players to sign-up to make this possible.  In the past I have run teams and would really like 9 players which would include a keeper.  8 Players would commit to $100 dollars and the keeper plays for free.

Indoor is a great way to work the kinks out when the snow begins to fall.  However, I fully anticipate Orangemen outdoor to continue throughout the winter so we will have two opportunities to play each week.  Please post your interest and any other comments you might have to make this more successful as soon as possible.

If you are interested in playing this season just leave a comment below... the first 8 players to sign up will move us forward.

8 comments:

  1. Oh snap...I'm definitely in. Don't want the team to form without me. - Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely interested but don't think I can commit to playing on a regular basis. Maybe once a month or so for me :(
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Luke -- Don't forget most of the games will probably occur after 8 pm...after the kids have gone to bed...sometimes well after...like 11 pm...ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. My knee is 50-75% but I can make Monday and Tuesday night games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested and available those nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old guys are killin me. No one over the age of 47 can respond to a blog post and with a simple comment. Thanks Chris, Luke, Gooch, and Gerry. I've got a number of responses back on email so I think we've got a team together...I'll get back with more details as soon as I figure out the final numbers for the email responses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gents,

    Current numbers are promising.

    Chris Harvin – Interested
    Golias – Interested (keeper)
    Luke – alternate
    Gerado - Interest
    Gallucci - Yes
    Nanney – No
    Herbert – Interested
    Brody – No
    Snyder – Yes
    Ashpole, B – Yes
    Muccio – Yes
    Black – No
    Martin - Interested

    That's nine with serious interest including one interest in playing keeper if necessary (Floppy). I will contact the league and begin the arrangements. I would like those interested to firm up and we can take a few subs as well.

    Please continue to go to the blog for status updates. This link is where I will post schedule etc. So at a minimum those who are in need to follow the blog so they receive all updates etc. And those of you Orangemen who have visited the blog yet...please do...it is the future of Orangemen Team management.

    ReplyDelete