Sunday, April 20, 2014

Orangemen vs Mt Vernon 5 April

At game time we had plenty of players...14...and it was a great side thanks to Ben’s heavy recruiting.

Wil, Maurico, Alfredo, Goerge, Richard, Ben, Kendall, John H, Jan, Karl, Doug, Greg, Rabih, and Ben’s other friend Frank,

Due to Mooch’s injury he didn’t stay long after starting the match and getting the first round of substitutes into the game.  From his perspective the game was faster than most.  We were challenging for ball all through the midfield and making run after run forward.  I left confident that we had the game well in hand.

(Kendall adds) Actually we were very competitive. Plenty of chances to be had. I was taken down in the penalty area. So my shot was a little close to the keeper and he saved it. What frustration! So Richard and that other Latino really short grouchy guy and a couple of other guys took shots from outside the goalie box. None on target. We had 2 subs so we were able to stay fresh. Ben did well to win loose balls and distribute. All I can say is with we weren't working hard enough to win the ball back and should have arguably scored 3 goals. I missed a penalty. One brilliant floater from Richard got away from me...and one ball I won with hustle and I shot right at the keeper. We were very competitive, the ref was fair in calling offside on them but one they scored on was offside according to our players. Our stand- in keeper made some excellent diving saves and tip-over. I think we lost 3-0. My bad...the penalty could have changed things.

Oh yeah forgot to mention...Ben's friend’ Rahbi and Frank were excellent passing and Rahbi had an absolute missile hit off the right post on an awesome volley!

No comments:

Post a Comment